Thursday, October 7, 2010

Boston Globe--Horn Book Awards and Simmons College



I'm just back from the Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards. An amazingly festive, celebratory evening. Here are Martha Parravano and Roger Sutton from HB doing last minute prep, in the "green room" aka classroom at Simmons College where the event was held.



My wonderful Viking people took the train up to Boston. That's Catherine Frank, my editor, on the left, RasShahn Johnson-Baker, Manager of Library Marketing, and Regina Hayes, publisher.



Still in the green room. That's Wendy Lamb, editor of Rebecca Stead's incredible novel, When You Reach Me, my awesome agent Ken Wright, and Catherine. We are all pretty excited.



Speech over, happy, happy, happy. That's the beautiful inscribed silver bowl they gave me. Very Boston. I don't think I have proper Bostonian silver bowl showing etiquette down yet. Probably supposed to be more demure.



With the three Martha's. Then off to a celebratory dinner with the Penguin people et all. My thanks to everyone for an unforgetable evening.

Here are several terrific posts on the evening:

School Library Journal
and Read Roger at Horn Book.

The next day was the Simmons College Colloquium where I did a presentation of the Google Lit Trip I've done with Jerome Burg on Marching for Freedom. I didn't manage to take any pictures!



Very end of the day at Simmons. This doesn't look like I am happy, happy, happy again, but I am. That's Peter Sis signing a copy of The Dreamer for me, while I sign a copy of Marching for Freedom for him. An amazing moment.



And a delicious dinner with other Boston Globe-Horn Book winners and friends. Thank you Roger Sutton!

No comments: